Thursday, December 13, 2007

Only Memories Remain.....

“They” say moving is one of the greatest stressors on “the list.” You won’t get an argument from me. Today began with moving the Minnie back to the old manse. The dogs were ecstatic to get to pee in familiar places!!! The rental car got returned with no hassle--yayee Hertz!!--and now I’m using the RV as my main ride. The oil companies will love me. Unfortunately I discovered that all SIX tires on the Minnie needed replacing. A large part of the day was spent in the waiting area of a tire shop--not a favorite chick haunt by any means. And now, of course, it needs an alignment. The handyman discovered that all our escrow papers and DEED TO THE HOUSE had been Fed-Exed to the empty house and left on the porch--last Friday! Everything needs to be signed, witnessed, notarized and sealed with blood.

Unfortunately with Mr. T in Texas it involves Fed-Exing everything everywhere. To cap off the day, the Jeep ended up requiring a new door so that has been ordered. The great question is whether or not we will actually all be ready to leave Bakersfield FOR THE SECOND TIME on Thursday!! I make no bets.



To make this story even more heart-rending, here is a picture of our Christmas tree this year. $6.00 at the Gottschalk’s sale--sigh. Notice the bottle of local Bako red wine. Thank God for good neighbors who loaned me an extension cord so I can sit at my puter and watch “White Christmas” and spend another night at the no-longer home but not quite past tense either.

I also include a picture of some cute carolers who entertained the seniors at the local Independent Living community. The wee one didn’t have a clue but provided the most entertainment. The rest were a fun girl scout troop who really did cheer up the entire audience. These things can mean a lot--certainly more appreciated by me this year since I have no real Christmas of my own. I’ll just ride along on any Christmas coattails I can.








A text that strikes closer to home than it ever has before:

O come, thou Key of David, come,
And open wide our heavenly home;
Make safe the way that leads on high,
And close the path to misery.

No comments: