Monday, April 19, 2010

It's 7pm but hey! Mojave Here We Come

Local crises notwithstanding, we finally got the Minnie loaded up and the Jeep hooked up to tow. We have truly arrived at Old Gramps and Gran'ma status. Leaving at 7pm only gave us about 3 hours of travel time before our first stop--but those 3 hours of traffic through the East Bay equals about 2 days of normal RVing.

The first half hour I had to watch out the back window of the RV to make sure the Jeep didn't break loose from its moorings and pass us on the freeway. Eventually, I gained enough confidence in the towbar to maintain the proper vehicle order and took my place in the co-pilot's seat. Usually we travel with me driving the Jeep and Mr. T driving the RV while we communicate via CB radios. Now we were in the same truck and he was too busy driving to keep up any patter of chit chat.

So----I began to play with the camera and all the lights from the bazillion cars trying to drive around us, over us and possibly through us. This camera waving at the car lights entertained me for a good 90 minutes and we arrived at Ye Olde Kit Fox RV park just in time to hit the sack. But, some of the photos are of interest so I give you some samples.

No comments: