Saturday, February 7, 2009

Craig's List As Entertainment

As part of my BUY AMERICAN plan and keeping the money in the Homeland, I have been using Craig's List to search out things I need. Some of the more amusing items I ran across are listed below. But the best is last--this is a woman with a mission and a husband in the cross hairs!


Dishes, glasses, vases, bowl - $35

Thank you
ps--there is a set of mustard yellow dishes too--just are currently in the dishwasher :)



Ad for computer desk--can you see it from here??
Wanted: Franklin Mint Monopoly Set - Trade for Wine

I am looking for a Franklin Mint Monopoly set. I know there are still some out there! I am willing to trade wine from where I work at, the Simi winery in Healdsburg. I need the set to be complete as possible and in good shape. All the pieces, houses, hotel, etc need to be in good shape. I can get lots of different types of wines so I can please most tastes. If anyone knows someone who has one, I will also give a finders fee in wine as well if the deal goes through! Thanks!!
Will Trade Several Nice Things for New Cabinets

I'm desperate to replace my kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanities. They are honey oak, stock cabinets and I absolutely hate them. I've hated them since the day I moved in. I found cabinets I like that will cost about $3000 (an excellent price!!), but my husband won't let me buy them (even though he promised we could replace them as a condition of me agreeing to buy and live in this home...)
I want a plain style cabinet in maple or a similar wood, like shaker-style with the recessed panel and clean lines, in a medium to dark stain. I want the same cabinets in our two bathrooms and I want to cannibalize a couple of other cabinets to build a matching media cabinet.Here's what I have to offer in exchange (you get all of this):

An Excellent Compaq Presario R3240US Laptop with all the original manuals, CDs, and cords PLUS a leather laptop case in exellent condition, two sets of headphones w/microphones and two wireless optical mice.
A large set of Mikasa china in the Madeline pattern in excellent condition. It includes 8+ place settings and many serving pieces. IT'S BEAUTIFUL and I adore it (I inherited it from my great aunt Bette and added additional pieces that were broken during the '74 SF earthquake). (I wonder what poor Aunt Bette would think? I don't remember the '74 quake breaking dishes.)
You can have my old oak kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanities (10 cabinets total) and the countertops on the vanities which are in excellent condition - they are only 18 months old.

A certificate good for a one pound box of See's Candy. (To sweeten the deal???)

My eternal gratitude.

A little bit of cash.

I am a skilled seamstress. I'll sew or mend for you. (This is a desperate woman!)

I'm a damn fine baker. I'll make you some delicious desserts. (I bet hubby won't be getting any kind of dessert any time soon!)

I'm good with computers. I can help you set up, troubleshoot, etc.

Other stuff you need that I might have. (I bet the husband would top this list!)
I would suggest that her hubby make his life easier by getting her the danged cabinets!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I just loved it especially the last ad... and comments! Love from KT