Friday, February 6, 2009

I Can See Spring From Here

For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;




It's February! January is gone and the winter is showing in the rear-view mirror.












The flowers appear on the earth;



Daffodils popping up all over and trees budding into blossoms!



the time of the singing of birds is come,


















and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;


I think that's supposed to be turtledoves. I've spent a lot of time around turtles and never heard anything out of a turtle except a hiss.

The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell.







Well, it's not a fig tree but it is a brand new blue spruce--my very favorite tree. It is the first thing I have planted in the new place.

Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.


The traffic of duffers and more practiced golfers has picked up. Our collection of golf balls has passed the 200 mark. Tuesdays are the best--it's Ladies' Day and that's when I find the pastel golf balls. The record is picking up 12 balls in one day.

No comments: