Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Planting the Survival Acre

I don't think I'm the only one to notice the country is going to hell in a handbasket and doing it at warp speed.


I was raised to worry about the proper order of glasses and silverware when one sets the table--not to worry about a collapsing civilization. Along that line of thought, I perked up when I heard about the "Survival Seeds for a Crisis" being advertised on "Coast To Coast." Finally, there was something I could do!

















The seeds are not hybridized which sounded good to me. I took an instant dislike to hybrid cars so this was a strong selling point for the seeds. There are enough seeds to plant an acre and the seeds from your growing plants can be used the following year for the next crop. So--at 1:00am I was up ordering my survival packet.


http://www.survivalseedbank.com/

The seeds have arrived and I must say it's quite a small box for so many seeds. I also realized I'd have to be starving to eat most of the food it will grow--I haven't touched a salad or fruit for a few years now. (A major exception, of course, is wine which does involve grapes)


















I suppose the next step will be to try and teach the labradoodle and the useless poodle to keep critters out of my Survival Acre. It's about time those pooches started earning their keep. I can see it now--they get the venison and I'll be stuck with the chard.

1 comment:

Toc said...

UPDATE: The Obamas have broken ground for their own garden at the White House.