Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's a Life with Dogs


This is not a conversation to be having at 11:30 pm:
Moi: What's that under the poodle's tail?
Mr T: You mean that big white thingy?

Moi: Yeah. I better call the Vet first thing in the morning.
So, as Mr. T was leaving the house at 8 am he handed me my cell phone and said, "Don't forget to call the Vet early and see if you can bring Talus in."














Now, at 8 am I am in a deep sleep--middle-of-the-night sleep. But I woke up enough to push the auto dial button on the phone and heard a pleasant voice say something like "Doctor's office" on the other end.
"Hi, " I mumbled. "This is Toc."
(vague niceties from the other end)

"Well, Talus has an abscessed anal gland that is oozing and I think I need to bring him in."
(Sounds of rollicking laughter)

"I know--it's always something wrong with that dog's behind!"
(More laughter and gasping for air heard over phone)

Turns out I'd called my dentist by mistake. He had ZERO interest in tending to a poodle's swollen anal gland and suggested I call the Vet. He did, however, remind me that the authorization for a crown had come through and did I want to make an appointment now?

Of course I don't want to make a dental appointment. Besides, why would I need a crown when I will have died of embarrassment?

On a sadder note, my camera is dead. It fell out of the Jeep onto pavement one time too many. I am at a loss how to even leave the house. It is an appendage as much as fingers or a purse.

The last pictures taken with the old Olympus.

Je suis desolee.






























No comments: