Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Good Day To Travel Alone


Since I've been awake since 4:00am, I am not fit company for anyone. After yesterday's mess I couldn't wait to get to bed. Getting online and staying online were extremely difficult and I had refused to pay extra for cable TV. It was Z-City pretty fast--until this dog began barking, howling and yelping. How can one dog make such a racket?? Wait--cancel that one! We have Talus the Poodle who who sounds like a tortured soul if anyone looks at him with a raised eyebrow. A better question--how can the owners sleep through that ruckus?? After an hour of non-stop dog tantrum I got up to see if perhaps it could be a neighbor. The dog was barking from a house behind the KOA!! Nothing to do but try to sleep with the radio on pretty loud. But by this time the highway noise was really picking up and it was one big truck after another. The night was shot. Did someone say 12 gauge? Just show me the target!!! So--for all the RVers reading this blog just keep on keepin' on past the DinoLand KOA. And for all the tree huggers--take solace in knowing that the dinosaurs would have died out from noise exposure had they lasted long enough.


Oh yes--while I'm airing my gripes I should mention the English(?) Australian(?) girl behind the counter. When I asked about internet service she said there was no problem. Well--there was a problem. There wasn't any! A trek to the office to inquire. "Well, you'll be needin' a password, wouldn't ya?" Fine. Back to rig, password in hand--no service. Schlep back to office--no screen comes up to ask me for this password. "Well, hon, if I knows anythin' about computers I wouldn't be workin' at this job now, would I?" I wonder if she's ever considered how qualified she'd be to work for AOL Customer Assistance???

Fortunately I've learned a few "back door" tricks along the years so I was eventually able to grab some bandwidth and type like mad until I would get detected and TOSed. (For non-chat room buddies, that means thrown out on yer bum)

So, off we head maybe to go through the Dinasaur National Park and maybe just head for Flaming Gorge. I'm looking forward to the scenery today but have reservations about my campground reservation. I keep remembering that this is the place where the person taking my information on the phone didn't know how to spell P-O-N-Y!

Mr. Toccata is very fortunate not to be here as the target for a very bad mood.


1 comment:

Jim said...

Mr. Toccata is very fortunate not to be here as the target for a very bad mood.

Yep, I agree. Nice and calm but hot and smoky here. Great photos. I hate barking dogs. It must have been REALLY loud to wake you up!