Thursday, October 11, 2007

Shame on NBC


Have you ever finally got to sit down and turn on the TV to watch a "favorite" show? Last night, after House, I turned to NBC (nbc.shows@nbcuni.com )to catch an episode of Special Victims Unit. By the half-hour mark I was steaming so bad I had begun to take names of sponsors and begin googling them to complain. This episode portrayed the United States as the Bad Guys--the worst of all Bad Guys ever!! The antagonists were Americans who had tortured the poor "victims" in Iraq who were terrorists. But was the real-world situation ever given lip service? No way! All the faces on the screen of these supposed "victims" were people who were obviously moslems--or mohammedans as George Washington called them. They were shown as shy, "reflective", randomly selected for torture and abuse by American doctors who were doing their job and enjoying it while in the military. It was such a piece of propaganda Hitler could have been proud. How could the actors have let their names be associated with such drivel? With such lies? And the media wonders why they have no credibility! My only hope is that switchboards all over the country lit up with complaints for littering the airwaves with this junk. As my grandmother was fond of saying, "It's a dirty bird that dirties its own nest!" Here is a copy of the email I sent to NBC along with six of the sponsors I managed to copy down before the show ended.

Today is Tuesday, Oct. 23rd, and I have watched one of my usually favorite shows, Special Victims Unit. I'm half-way through it and have to write and express my distaste at the blatant anti-American storyline. At a time when so much of the media loves to portray us as bad guys and an embarrassment to the free world, I can't stand turning on a fictional TV show that is using Americans as OFFICIAL torturers and murderers is disgusting. Why do you do this? You want to undermine the good we have here in this country? The whole issue of torture is only being tried in the liberal media--the jury is still out. Why don't you show brutal beheadings or the common degradation of women by these Moslem countries? No--you go out of your way to portray them as "good" and "helpless victims". Their religion is portrayed as "noble"--Christians are portrayed as pond scum. I'm really sick of it. Sick of NBC. Sick of all of you. You should be ashamed. And now I write the sponsors. Mucinex; Town House Toppers; Kentucky Fried Chicken; Ziploc bags(Glad products) Lindt chocolate; Hasbro/PlaySkool Toys--rose petal cottage.

No comments: