Monday, August 10, 2009

Free Fall

We did arrive home. Have you ever been hit with so many disjunct hits on your brain that you shut down rather than try and assimilate it? I think that has been my condition since crossing the state line from Oregon to California.





















As we moved closer to the Bay Area the traffic increased directly proportional to the deterioration in roads. One wonderful night spent camped at Lake Almanor in Chester didn't compensate for the crazed drivers, pot holes and unrelenting traffic.











Poor Mr. T.--we pulled into SeniorLand and his back promptly went into spasm. Writhing on the floor in pain, I quickly tried to minister to him with adult beverages, drugs and elbow massage. He spent 3 days in a semi-conscious state until the spasm abated.
We returned to find that our neighbor had died. It's like that in SeniorLand. We knew Hospice had been called inn but apparently he (conveniently) died before the end of the month and his house had been completely cleared out and the "For Rent" sign was up. How blithely we slip out of existence and onto the "next" list.
Even though I have been off the nasty cocktail for my "hot tub" lung disease, the side effects have lingered. Apparently golf had aggravated my thumb and elbow joints to point of seeking medical help. Bad news--NO MORE GOLF.
Now this is getting serious. I was getting into that game. I agree it was a pointless game but it was somewhat interesting. True, the clothes were nothing to get excited about and very difficult to accessorize--but it was still the first exercise I've ever done in my life. Well--say good-bye to the links.

But I have an idea--I could invent an entirely new personna for myself. I could devote my days to watching chick flicks and reading trash novels. Swathed in matching floral muumuu and stretch turban, a few spit curls sticking out, I could get a Pekingese lapdog and entertain lounge lizards when I start pouring cocktails beginning at noon. Pink boa slippers, changing the nail polish color everyday and cultivating the company of lounge lizards could make for interesting posts.

No comments: