Sunday, July 29, 2007

And the Buckeroos went home


Five hours from San Diego to Bakersfield. Five hours from World A to World B. I kept reminding myself that even Captain Kirk occasionally had a bad trip using the transporter. For whatever reason, some of us never develop the necessary filters to operate casually in the world. The constant surge of information and stimuli bombard the consciousness and one feels relief for having navigated yet another day.

This is all just preamble to saying we took the 405 freeway back to Bakersfield.

Here's a quick travel shoot.

Where I was Where I think I am

What I see outside the car


What I see in my inly eyes
What is in front of me if I open my eyes
















What I'm not seeing no matter which set of eyes I useWhat is this? Attempt at urban visual organization???

"Jack! We've got a visual!!"

A sign but not a symbol

Southern California hills--brown in summer, brown in winter, too.

California aquaduct going over hills--we don't need no stinkin' gravity

The parallel worlds are crossed and relocation begins. Now what medicine did the doctor give me to start right away? Yes--here it is.Guess I should read the directions first. Funny, I didn't think fonts came in size 1.



Directions and warnings on both sides of insert!



"After all, tomorrow is another day!"







No comments: