Sunday, July 22, 2007

From House to 'Hood


During these days of enforced boredom my eyes have become my primary sensory appetite. I need to see beauty. I need to see colors. The view from my window has become fairly predictable even though it is far from static.


Last week I needed to go out to have even more blood drawn at the Vampire Labs. On my way home I found myself reluctant to turn into the driveway so I just kept going. In what seemed a rash if not giddy decision I drove down to the lake near our house. Small things that not too long ago I would not have noticed seem to be catch my attention in screaming color and 'aliveness'!


Here are some of my favorite shots. If you would like music to enjoy the show, click on the link. Pick a "Byrd" from the nest--I think #9 is lovely--and you have free musical accompaniment. When the page opens, about half-way down, click on 'Byrd' and make your harpsichord selection. What other music would best accompany photos of birds???

http://www.sankey.ws/harpsichord.html#download







We are geese and we rule the pond!!






























Egrets only come with one adjective: elegant








































Typical California lake--no beach, barren hills and welcome water.

No comments: