Sunday, July 20, 2008

It's the accessories, stupid!


Oh iPod my iPod our fearful trip's begun
My brain has weathered all your tricks
If you're the prize, I'm done!

This is getting ridiculous. I've gone from one song on the iThing to 34 then down to 13 and now it's up to a respectable 71. I'm not sure what I've done to get those numbers. I know at one point I had about 50 wedding pictures from a wedding where the couple is now divorced--not cool. I finally resorted to that dread command "restore defaults" to remove those pictures.

It's not hard to get the temperatures of any city you like. I have amused myself by adding cities of everyone I know to the iDevice. Since most of the people I know live within 50 miles of me there's not a lot of variety but I feel really cool 'flipping' through the different cities on the screen, even if the weather and temperature and forecast is the same for Cupertino as the rest of the area. Cupertino came on the iPod already. I do not know anyone in Cupertino and couldn't find it on the map if I had to--but that's no surprise. At this point I don't think I could find Oregon on a map I'm suffering from such brain strain.

So I have begun to do what any smart person does when faced with mental melt-down: ACCESSORIZE!!!!! Why didn't they tell me about this at the Apple store? There are countless little accessories to hold the iPod, to clip the iPod, to strap the iPod, to flaunt the iPod!


There is a company in Finland that just churns out iPod accessories! So far I have a hot pink cover and a special pouch on order from Amazon. I've lost track of the Ebay auctions for even more cute things. This, dear readers, is where the fun is! Pretty soon I will be power-walking with my iPod strapped to my arm in its trendy little Finnish holder and the hot neon cover poking out the top. No one will ever know that the only song I've ever managed to hear on the dang thing is "Whiskey Lullaby"!!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Pretty soon I will be power-walking with my iPod strapped to my arm in its trendy little Danish holder and the hot neon cover poking out the top."

I kiss your hand.

One assumes that you will accomplish the above with supreme lady-like dignity, as ever.

Bobbisox said...

Then there are the neat speakers so you can listen outside (or wherever) with a friend who enjoys the same music. And the neat color coded marshmallow ear buds. and it goes on and on. Oh, and of course, you need the charger/player/speaker-y thingie for the vehicles, and more.