Tuesday, September 4, 2007

THE CORN PALACE--WONDER OF THE MIDWEST



Actually, I was pretty impressed with the Corn Palace--and it was FREE!!! The outside has to be rebuilt every year with new corn and a new theme. Obviously the interior exists to sell food for the starving masses of this part of the country who look anything but underfed. I will not detract from this posting on the revered Corn Palace. I will save those observations for later. Oh yes! The Corn Palace actually houses a gymnasium for basketball games!





























































The RV park--R&R--in Mitchell was awful. This is where they lied to me about wifi. This is where another older camper spotted some red plastic tape blowing in the wind atop a power pole and thought it was flames shooting out from the transformer. This is where the woman behind the desk couldn't decide what to do if someone comes running in the office shouting "FIRE!!!!" I suggested this might be a time to call 911 since she had an entire RV park full of campers and there was only one way out. My spot was directly beneath the not-so-flaming pole of fire but I got good shots of the fast response from the Mitchell FD. They were not amused.



No comments: