Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Mind Meanderings while on semi-auto-pilot


September 7, 2007

Driving 5o mph on country roads with no radio reception certainly allows the brain to follow some unexpected meanderings. Even though I’ve been on the road over two weeks I’m still glad I didn’t fly.

Great bar on Madeleine Island--Pete's Burned Down Again Bar.
Rantings:
I’ve pretty much had it with airports and the stupidity that is the driving force behind them. Until profiling is rigidly utilized I’m just not walking on their dirty floors in my bare feet or having some pimply-faced, dull-eyed lackey touch me or wand me. I am not the problem!!! The problem is any man wearing any head covering that is not either a Stetson or baseball cap!!! There’s your first tip-off. Another problem is any woman dressed so you can’t see her face or hair. After those 2 categories are implemented, then the profiling proceeds to anyone who is Moslem with the largest subset being Moslem young male. I simply don’t want to fly with these risks. Oh my! Oh Gasp! How un-PC! Well ain’t that a whole lot of too bad???
Tugboat
More Rantings:
I also think Saudi Airlines shouldn’t be allowed to land at any American airport until they remove their ban on bringing onto their planes any Bible, Cross or anything that symbolizes Christian or Jewish adherence. I’m not making this up! Look up Saudi Airlines on the Web and read their advertising blurb--it’s right there.

Pink house in Bayfield.
Even more rantings:
I found myself wondering if anyone else is as puzzled as I am why so many things happening in this country these days make no sense? A news item on the radio said that the governor of Wisconsin has vetoed a bill requiring photo ID to vote. Why would anyone veto something so logical??? I have had to show a photo ID just to camp at every place the last two weeks. Over 90% of the people in Wisconsin want this bill approved and yet it gets vetoed three times! What is his rationale??? Oh yeah--if someone can’t afford a photo ID (they cost money???) the government would pay for it!! And it still gets vetoed. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that is screwy.
As my brain wandered down more “huh” topics I got to thinking about our open borders. Why is there such a vocal powerful group who keep saying we can’t seal the borders or do anything about all the illegals in the country? Why can’t we do something about it? The first thing I would do if tax all money being sent out to Mexico--and I’d tax it at 50%. And all the people in court for driving without a license--in fact, anybody who goes through the court system and isn’t a citizen--should be sent back to their country of origin. Why is this a difficult thing? Why are we paying the prison bill for non-citizens? Makes no sense.

Enough rantings. I'll give Google a chance to post some pretty shots.

No comments: