Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Mt Rushmore and The Corn Palace

I almost didn't go to Mt. Rushmore but felt that it would be un-American not to at least go and say hello to the Fab Four. I took what I thought would be a quick side trip to see a sylvan lake and that was a big mistake. The road was sooooo narrow, full of switch-back turns and the ultimate: a small tunnel cut through a huge rock. I stopped and had to calculate whether or not the RV would even fit through it! Of course by this time the traffic was starting to back up behind me. Why were all these people on the same road that I was?? I didn't have a choice--I had to go forward. There was no place and no way to turn the rig around! I pulled in both side mirrors and proceeded at a snail's pace. Amazingly, I made it through!!! And that was with my eyes closed, too!!
















I spent two nights at a wonderful, secluded campground called Echo Valley right next to Crazy Horse. I spent the two days being pretty sick but did take Byrdie for a walk at sunset and found this Pretty Lady of past glory days just parked out in the woods. Ahhhh--back when cars were works of art.

No comments: