Tuesday, September 4, 2007

vox clemantis in deserto de ixnay ternet-nay





Hello again!!! Finally back in touch with the Real World. I've been sick, lied to, lost and am found again. It's very much like being saved only the results are more immediate! A quick travel update while I still have a connection.



I last left you all after viewing that amazing Devil's Tower. I spent the next three nights in the Black Hills of South Dakota--a place I immediately fell in love with! It is one of the most beautiful, interesting places I've ever seen. I also got a chance to meet up with a friend from Newberry Springs who just got married so I got to meet the bride as well--and their adorable Cairn terrier, Brynn. Let the pictures do the talking.


The Lead Open Pit Gold Mine now being converted to a top-secret 8000' below the earth secret physics lab for nefarious survival experiments. The water is constantly being pumped out which makes pretty waterfalls all over the sides of the mountain.

Sean and Nancy and Toc














The purple building is in Lead--or was it Deadwood? and is being raffled off by the local Presbyterian church. Tickets are $100.00 each! Deadwood is the same place from the TV western series and is a very thriving gambling town. It also had plenty of Black Hills Gold at good prices. Of course I only looked--and looked--and looked and maybe bought just a few little baubles.

No comments: