Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Viruses are Evil



Revised plans: all side trips are off and we are trying to make the best time we can to Washington State. I have been very ill and the vicious microbe got me KOed for awhile. Finally ended up in the ER of Bismarck, North Dakota. It's the only part of the state I remember. Wonderful Dr. Bathurst!!! In only a few hours I was seen, tested, advised and sent on my way. The little mycobacteriumaviumintercellulareandalsowithyouAmen has a new friend--some loathesome viral infection--where else but in the lungs--aka, viral pneumonia. At least there was some sinister spot on x-ray. No more drugs to take for that so was sent on way with meds for motion sickness, etc. Under other circumstances, instructions to DO NOTHING would have been met with glee--but not now. At any rate, I'm a tad better today and was able to resume driving--a tad like Captain Kirk taking the helm of the Enterprise and telling Scotty to kick it in the slats!


deer, not antelope, and they are not playing

No Yellowstone, no Spearfish--just roll on into Washington. But what a state Montana is! I think I'm in love! The sky is everywhere and the openness is not like the unnerving prairie but a grand statement of BIGNESS. For the first time since starting this trip four weeks ago today, I almost hear the land saying, "Come here, you. Of all the gin joints in all the world, you finally picked a good one!" Even though it's cloudy and rainy Montana has made a connection with my soul.
Old and new houses
lone antelope and he's not playing either. The huge herds of antelope are beautiful to see.
Byrdie riding in RV








We're staying in Big Timber, Montana, tonight at the Spring Creek Campground on the Boulder River. It is spectacular! Last night was in Glendive, Montana--sounds like something that goes in a salad. It was also a wonderful campground. We've been very fortunate in having such good campground experiences. Tonight we're backed right up to the river and the sound is wonderful. I can also hear distant thunder. I wish we could stay a few days in this beautiful place.

No comments: