Tuesday, April 10, 2007

How windy was it?????

Las Cruces, New Mexico
AGAIN!!











(Psst--they're watching us)









This was the worst travel day so far! (HOW BAD WAS IT????) It was so bad that I didn't even take one picture. Now that is bad! The wind has blown without ceasing since arriving at Fort Stockton. Being trapped in an RV that is shaking from the wind with a dog who can't be let out to run while fighting every truck on I-10 through El Paso and fighting to see through the dust and stay in my own lane--this was a brutal day of driving. The vent cover in the bathroom blew off somewhere along the way--and I'd checked them too! Once again duct tape holds the entire world together. I can't control opening the side door so I have to use the driver door to get in and out.





(Too windy to play ball? Sometimes life stinks)











I'm in Las Cruces and just heard that the wind is blowing steadily at around 55 mph. Even with the levelers down I feel a tad seasick from the constant motion. Getting the online connection was ridiculously difficult.

Enought of the complaining. Let me relive some of the good times in Llano. For Easter dinner we went to Cooper's Barbeque--home of the best barbeque in Texas! Now, for my veegan or vaygan friends, you don't want to see this next picture! People line up outside and around the building to get a tray full of every kind of meat that you could want being grilled outside the door. I've never seen anything of that magnitude. And the big slabs of meat just keep coming to be thrown on the coals. You get the side dishes inside--superb--but I liked the cobbler the best!!! What a feast!

All we like Meat!!!

























The drive yesterday was wonderful as I left the Texas hill country. I took so many pictures and will just end today by posting some of them. Here are the pics I tried to post yesterday. Enjoy!







(you don't scare me lady. )









Boneyard in Art, Texas









Oh look!
Democrats!












This is NOT where I am now.








2 comments:

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Toc said...

The person who drinks my gin is going to have a can of whoop ass opened on'im.