Monday, April 9, 2007

Lleaving Llano



Gray, overcast and cold--just the way I'm feeling as today I start the long trek back to California. This has been the nicest little town there could be. Good-bye JoAnn who keeps the park where I lived so beautiful. I hope that rosebush is full of blooms by next week. Good-bye radio station KBAY that played the best country/western music I've heard. Good-bye all you nice people at Holy Trinity Catholic Church and the Llano Art Gallery. Good-bye "turkey" at the Acme cafe. Good-bye Super S Grocery that let me park in the parking lot so I could get wifi. And thank you to the nice folks at the llano Llibrary for letting me set up my 'puter and use their internet connection so I could keep up on this blog. Next time I hope to meet Doodles and LaVerne.


I'll miss Don and Sylvia. What a jump to last see someone as teenagers and then get reaquainted as senior citizens! You have such cute kitties and take such good care of Jake. Jake has a spinal cord injury so they have to move him and prop him up to eat and then put him on his "tinkle towel" when he has to do those other functions. The hummingbirds will sit on Don's hands and eat out of the feeders he has to fill up everyday.
There must be at least two dozen birds that elbow each other for a spot at the "bar"!

The drive back to California seems very long right now. The goal today is to make Fort Stockton, Texas. Wish me well and an uneventful day's travel.
Made it to Fort Stockton, Texas. The drive along the back roads before having to get back on the Interstate is so beautiful. Old cemeteries with blue bonnet-covered graves; a real buffalo who was cooperative about posing; a tree that had caught on fire. Right now the weather is the usual thunder, lightning and wild wind. I really hate to say good-bye to Texas.
Arrived at the Fort Stockton KOA and survived another storm. This is the worst KOA I've stayed at so far: no cable, hit and miss wireless--mostly miss--and just 2 snowy tv stations. That means I missed an episode of "24" so I didn't get my Jack Bauer fix for the week. I'll just post some of the pics I was able to shoot yesterday. It was a great day for pictures.

No comments: